CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: INDIGENOUS ARTIST RESIDENCY
Indigenous artist residency
Livart, with the support of the Indigenous arts committee of Conseil des arts de Montréal, is opening its first residency for an indigenous artist, which will take place from September 1 to November 30, 2022.
The selected artist will have exclusive access to an individual studio space, which they will be able to access at all times and in which they will be able to create and do research related to their artistic practice.
The opportunity to participate in a group exhibition and public mediation activities will also be offered.
The residency is supported by Conseil des arts de Montréal and its objective is to :
- Help increase the representation of Indigenous artists in the arts and culture sector;
- Provide greater visibility to Indigenous arts in the arts and culture sector, and thereby support their advancement;
- Foster a fruitful, two-way artistic exchange and intersectional dialogue;
- Provide an Indigenous perspective in arts and culture;
- strengthen the professional Indigenous arts network.
(Conseil des arts de Montréal)
- $6,000 in research fees (over three months)
- 24/7 access to the individual studio
- Opportunity to participate in a group exhibition and cultural mediation activities related to the artist’s practice
Applications must be submitted as a PDF for the text and as a JPG for the images:
- A CV and a text of artistic approach
- A selection of images or photos of the artist’s work or work in progress (Between 5 and 15)
- Descriptive list of images / artworks
Deadline: June 30, 2022 (midnight)
Please submit your application by email to email@example.com
A non-profit organization located in a former presbytery in the Plateau-Mont-Royal, Livart is a multidisciplinary art center that includes a gallery, artists’ studios, an art school, an event room and a boutique.
The Livart’s activities are guided by the desire to democratize art for all audiences. A place of experimentation, dissemination and mediation, it is an innovative space where art becomes a vector of socialization and sharing and where the creativity of children and adults come together.
Through its configuration and activities, the Livart encourages proximity between artists and the public by offering a dynamic and varied program of exhibitions, evenings and workshops. The different aspects of the Livart intertwine to form an environment conducive to enriching exchanges.